If you grow a garden then you most likely have a guilt trip on letting any of it go to waste. Sure, you can give some away to the neighbors, but they can only eat so much as well right. The truth of being a serious home gardner is that at some point in time you are likely to have your fill on certain home-grown groceries. Often times zucchini seems to be one of the first vegetables to meet this fate. After all a person can just handle so much zucchini casserole. So, before you start packing up the freezer take a look at this delicious zucchini bread recipe, and it just might be the relief you have been looking for.
Ingredients for Zucchini Bread
- Oil (1 cup)
- Flour: (2 cups)
- Zucchini: Coarsely Grated (2 cups)
- Vanilla (1 table spoon)
- Eggs (3)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon (1 table spoon)
- Baking Soda (2 tea spoons)
- Sugar (3 cups)
- Baking Powder (1/2 tea spoon)
- Optional Raisins or Walnuts: Chopped (1 cup)
- Whip eggs until they are fluffy.
- Pour sugar, oil, and vanilla in with eggs and whip thoroughly.
- Mix until contents has achieved a thick pudding-like texture.
- Pour in Zucchini.
- Mix in cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
- Pour in all remaining ingredients and continue mixing.
- Set oven to 350° and let bake for 1 hour or until desired.