As October and pumpkin season is just around the corner many people may already be hunting for some delicious baking ideas that are fitting with the season. If this happens to be you then we have got a sweet treat that you are sure to enjoy making almost as much as you will enjoy eating. We have likely all had banana bread at some point in our lives. Many of us have even had pumpkin bread. However, this recipe is combining the two in a unique way. Often when baking pumpkin recipes the pumpkin seeds get thrown out, when in fact they can be one of the most useful and healthy parts of the pumpkin. Well, it won’t happen with this recipe. So, we hope you have fun baking and eating this crafty recipe.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Seed Banana Bread
-Makes about 10-12 slices
- Flour (1 cup)
- Brown Sugar (3/4 cup)
- Baking Powder (1 table spoon)
- Butter (1/2 cup)
- Nutmeg: Ground (1 table spoon)
- Pumpkin Seeds (3.5 table spoons)
- Bananas: Mashed (3)
- Eggs: Beaten (2)
- Let oven preheat to 360 degrees fahrenheit.
- Beat the sugar and butter together while slowly mixing with bananas and eggs.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and pumpkin seeds.
- Continue stirring the mixture gradually.
- Transfer mixture into a loaf baking pan.
- Let bake for around an hour or until desired.
- To test readiness try poking a skewer through to see if it comes out clean.