The heat of summer may have many thinking it is too early to start thinking about Fall recipes. However, our opinion at Arkansas Frontier is that it is never a bad time for cheesecake, especially pumpkin cheesecake. If that doesn’t get you excited enough then throw some cinnamon in there too. Well, that is exactly what this recipe does. Be forewarned though, this is likely to go extremely fast at the next social gathering so it might not hurt to make just a little extra.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Agave Nectar (1/2 cup)
- Pie Pumpkin or Canned Pumpkin Filling (1)
- Cinnamon (1 tbsp)
- Vanilla Extract (1 tbsp)
- Celtic Sea Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Lemon Juice (1 tbsp)
- Whole Milk Yogurt: Discard Whey and Strain Overnight (1 quart)
- Pour 1/4 inch of water into a pot or dish.
- If using pie pumpkin, slice in half and remove seeds.
- Place pumpkin face down in pot and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until soft.
- Remove pumpkin, let cool, and scrape meat into a bowl.
- Measure out 2 cups of the pumpkin meat.
- Thoroughly mix pumpkin, whole milk yogurt, agave nectar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice, into a pudding like texture.
- Add salt and cinnamon and continue stirring.
- Use a pie pan of desired size (approximately nine inches) and pour in contents.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and let bake until desired firmness, approximately 45 minutes.
- When finished cooking, remove, serve, and enjoy.