In an effort to change things up a bit here is a recipe for a unique salad dish to serve with some of the other recipes you are cooking up. This is a Butternut Squash Salad Recipe. Many of us have had this type of squash served in the form of a soup, but rarely does it make it into a salad. However, this delicious recipe is bound to be a repeat dish. In fact, if you are having a butternut squash craving you could serve this along with the soup for a soup and salad combo. Now that’s a lot of squash in one meal!
Ingredients for Butternut Squash Salad
– Makes salad for two people
- Spring Onion
- Honey (1 table spoon)
- Sesame Seeds
- Canned Lentils (200g)
- Sunflower Seeds
- Butternut Squash
- Preferred Dressing or Salad Topping
- Balsamic Vinegar (2 table spoons)
- Soy Sauce (1 tea spoon)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2 table spoons)
- Handful of Rocket – Preferably Fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the butternut squash into small pieces as desired.
- Place the squash on a cookie sheet and drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top.
- Place squash in oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir the vinegar, soy sauce, honey and olive oil together in a mixing bowl.
- Place the rocket on two salad serving dishes.
- Add the butternut squash and lentils as desired.
- Scatter the sunflower seeds, onions, and sesame seeds onto the top of the salads.
- Drizzle on your favorite salad dressing and enjoy!