When it comes to the culinary knowledge of preparing pumpkins most people are limited to the ever-popular pumpkin pie. However, to many people’s surprise this fruit ‘or vegetable’ has much to offer in the way of good food. In fact if fried squash is on the list of favorites then the below fried pumpkin recipe is for sure to be a special treat.
- Slice the pumpkin into two halves.
- Cut out the outer skin and seeds.
- Slice both halves into approximately 2×2 inch cubes.
- Pour half of the slices of pumpkin (2 pounds or so) into a mid-sized bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add flour to mix and stir to spread evenly.
- Melt butter into skillet over medium heat.
- Finally, add pumpkin cubes , stirring often until golden brown and tenderized to liking.